Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Temporary Break In The Fourth Wall

Hello, everyone. Normally, I don't like to break character as the Alternate Historian - I think the last time I did was before my daughter was born. But, I've been thinking about something for a long time, and I wanted to let you know about it.

Right now, like a lot of people, I work in a field that is completely unrelated to what I want to do with my life. Unlike a lot of people, however, there are a large number of people from around the world who read my writing every day.

I want to tap your potential.

I'm not asking for donations, (although that would be nice). I'm asking for a little proof of the old 6 degrees of separation adage. Somewhere out there, there is an agent looking to represent me; a television show that wants a new writer; an editor for a publishing house who can say yes or no to a new book (or series of books). And, you know these people. Maybe not directly, but you have a friend who has a friend... and I am asking that you put me in touch with them.

TIAH will continue on as long as I have ideas, but I would like it to be that quirky thing I do on the side of my other writing job. Because I have come to the conclusion that if I have to spend one more year in the industry I currently occupy, I will lose all my creative impulses, and I don't want to do that.

I don't know how I will reward the loyal and wonderful readers who respond to this call - abject groveling comes to mind - but you will, at the very least, have my undying gratitude. Thank you for reading my strange little project here, and thanks for any help you can throw my way!

My email address for contacting me with your good news, or for more direct goodness, go to the web site and leave a comment, buy a book, or leave a Paypal donation! Thanks again!

No comments:

TIAH Editor says we'd like to move you off the blog, if you're browsing the archives - and most people are - more than half of them are already on the new site. We need to be sure the new web site accomodates your archive browsing needs because we don't want to lose any readers. Please supply any feedback or comments by email to the Editor and please note the blogger site is shutting on December 1st.